Annual review and learning meeting is part of the monitoring process of FSCE. The Organization believes the review and learning meeting is important to share experiences, learn new directives and acknowledge outcomes achieved, share lessons learnt, and clarify program directions.
It is also important to discuss on challenges, rectify identified gaps, and learn current organizational, national and international progresses/changes to align and plan as per directions/objectives of the organization and progresses. Therefore, the annual review and learning meeting is arranged to practice and develop learning culture, which is one of the values of FSCE.
This annual review and learning meeting focuses on major gaps and successes identified in the year ended , new organizational changes, and national dynamics in the working modalities in NGO sector to align and run plan designed for the year . This is because, partly, the purpose of session is to evaluate the plans proposed as per the strategic goals and directions set by the Organization. It also helped us to take appropriate management decisions. As part of the monitoring session, therefore, the following are the major agendas that the meeting will entertain.
- To identify major gaps and achievements attained in 2011, to rectify the gaps and capitalize the achievements for the upcoming implementation period 
- To learn the new structural changes and progresses made by FSCE and discuss on its application on future work in the organization.
- To learn and capitalize the new changes and implementation directives made for the Charitable Organizations like FSCE at national level in the upcoming implementation periods.
- To share best experiences and motivate staffs to get through changes, achievements FSCE adheres to bring better practices, development and results that have organizational importance.
Having these major objectives, notes should be made that, if an issue is not agreed by all the potential users at an early stage, it doesn’t mean there is a menace and the findings and/or results will be ignored and the whole exercise will be a waste of time and/or resource. Otherwise, the emphasis should always be on learning, exercising and feeding for organizational goal and future practice. Therefore, the review results should be used to;
- Improve future works [performance] and outcomes, by applying the structural changes made in the organization and providing a framework for discussion at different levels.
- Share lessons across Area Program Offices as a source of reference for subsequent reviews and learning. At the same time it is to exercise newly adopted organizational changes, working modalities, improves capacities on project/program management and other important knowledge/skills.
- Reflect and brainstorm on progress through applied organizational changes, new learning and working directives as it could help to attend organizational goal.
Period and Duration
The annual review meeting is planned to be held for two days starting from 1st to 2nd of May 2012 in Adama. The assembly is intended to be completed within one and half days. The review and learning meeting will concluded with a social event, which will be organized by Adama Area Program Office 2nd / April 2012.
Venue and Assistance
All participants are expected to get early at the city where the meeting will be held. Therefore, they can arrange their own accommodation with the help of your colleagues at Head Office and Area Program Offices found in Addis Ababa. Alternatively, you can also find your own ways.
Executive Hotel will be the venue where the review meeting will be held. It is found on the high way that crosses Adama to Djibuti. For further information and assistance you can contact any of the staffs that work in Adama Area Program Office.
*Detail schedule of the Annual Review and Learning Meeting Time Table May 1st and 2nd, 2012 will be communicated soon